Open to high school seniors and continuing college students who possess a strong desire for community and volunteer service and plan on attending an HBCU in the Fall 2020 semester as a full time student. Three (3) awards of $500 each will be awarded. Additional criteria applicants must have, do or be:
- A graduating high school senior or currently enrolled college student (undergraduate or graduate) attending college in Fall 2020;
- A GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Applied and been accepted to a Historically Black College or University (HBCU)
- Served the local Atlanta community via community service and/or volunteer hours for a community service organization serving the Atlanta metro area;
- Complete a narrative of no more than 250 words, discussing the following: “What is the significance of an HBCU education in the 21st century?”
The application period is now closed.